Gerhard Wissner Ventura, born Marburg (Germany) 1962.
• 1985–1993 University of Kassel: Master of Arts in sociology, politics and educational sciences.
• From 1985 worked at the Filmladen Kassel e. V. From 1989 program organizer and curator for the Kassel Documentary Film and Video Festival (main focuses: short film, installation).
• In 1995 founded BALi Kinos Kassel, currently a co-owner. From 1997 director of the Kassel Documentary Film and Video Festival.
Independent curatorial projects (selection):
• 1998, 2002 Werkleitz Biennale.
• 1997, 2002, 2007 Organizational realization of documenta 10, 11 and 12 film series.
• 2010–2012 collaboration on Maybe Education and Public Programs for documenta 13.
• 2012, 2015, 2017 co-curator of the selection Emerging Artists (AG Kurzfilm / German Films) vol. 1–3.
Organization and presentation of numerous work presentations/exhibitions (selection): Laurie Anderson, Dara Birnbaum, Gary Hill, Vlado Kristl, Tony Oursler, Bill Viola.
Organization of numerous film series (selection):
• 1995 Was macht die documenta mit Film?
• 1996 Video program for the exhibition Surfing Systems at the Kasseler Kunstverein.
• 2005 Reconstruction and re-screening of the documenta 1 film program for the exhibition 50 Jahre / Years documenta 1955–2005.
Member of jury for numerous national and international festivals.
|Wir geben Ihrer Zukunft ein Zuhause||
|sub fiction: Film/Video||
|Fiction is reality and reality is fiction (perhaps)|